As an uncommonly gifted child, Yang Luchan had a fleshy abnormality that holds tremendous power growing on his forehead. However, being teased as the town fool, Yang’s mother spurs him to practice martial arts, and following her wishes, Yang travels to the distant Chen Village to learn TAI CHI. At this legendary village everyone practices TAI CHI and uses TAI CHI in every aspect of their lives. Nevertheless, it is forbidden for a villager to disclose TAI CHI to an outsider, which Yang learns the hard way.
Upon arriving at the village, locals discourage Yang by challenging him with fights. From the strong men to old ladies to children, everyone defeats Yang with their TAI CHI moves. After facing the toughest battle and being defeated by Master Chen’s beautiful daughter Yuniang, Yang is determined to master the art of TAI CHI and goes in search of Master Chen. Little does Yang know, the poor strange man who he befriended is in fact Master Chen who had saved him from the duel with Yuniang. Master Chen realizes Yang’s genius and disguises himself to secretly guide Yang to his self realization of TAI CHI.
One day, a frightening steam-powered machine comes to the village, lead by Fang Zijing, a childhood friend of Yuniang. He has bribed government officials to permit him to build a railway that will run straight through the village. Yang decides to join forces with Yuniang to defeat Fang Zijing and destroy the machine. This brave act may just win him the hearts of the villagers….
Where to watch Tai Chi Zero
- Laemmle’s Noho 7 (5240 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601)
- Chinese 6 Theater (6925 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028)
- Rave 18 (6081 Center Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- AMC Atlantic Times Square (450 North Atlantic Blvd., Monterey Park, CA 91754)
- AMC Puente Hills 20 (1560 S Azusa Ave., Rowland Heights, CA 91748)
- Edwards University Town Center 6 (4245 Campus Dr., Irvine, CA 92612)